The Amazing Benefits Of Tooth Bonding
Dental Bondings / By Mendota Springs Dentistry
Are you troubled by chipped, broken, cracked, decayed, discolored teeth or gaps between them? Then Tooth Bonding is here to rectify these problems. One of the easiest and most affordable cosmetic dental processes is Tooth Bonding . Your dentist applies a tooth-colored composite resin material on your tooth surface. It will help you to upgrade your smile.
Benefits of Bonding
- It is an easy and effective way to revamp your smile. This is because it can conceal teeth stains and revive your cracked or damaged teeth. You can accomplish a complete normal look.
- Both children and adults are candidates for Bonding. The practice is non-invasive and swifter than other kinds of restoration. You just need one single appointment. No numbing and medication is necessary before the process. It’s a chair-side restoration.
- It is one of the most cost-effective cosmetic dental practices. It does not require any dental lab services. And it is tailor-made.
- The procedure is reversible. It fills in your teeth cracks and gaps. The dentist first matches the shade of the bonding material with your adjacent teeth. Then only he/she positions it on your tooth surface.
- Teeth enamel does not get removed. You can get back to your regular activities once the bonding material hardens. You can also consume your favorite foods without restriction!
What to Expect from your Dentist?
Your dentist just needs minimal preparation of your teeth before the bonding process.
- The dentist gives you anesthesia only if there is an old restoration or decay present.
- First, your dentist selects a shade of resin. It should almost match the natural color of your tooth.
- Then your dentist roughens your tooth and slightly coats with a conditioning gel. This lets your bonding material stick to your tooth more effortlessly.
- The dentist applies a composite resin. Then he/she molds and polishes it until it comes in the accurate shape.
- The bonding gets hardened with an ultraviolet light or laser.
- Your dentist then shapes, trims and polishes the resin to get the final look.
The bonding procedure naturally takes between 30-60 minutes per tooth to finish off. In case you opt for multiple teeth bonding, it might take a few appointments to complete.
Care for your Bonded Teeth
- Follow proper oral care regimen
- Stay away from tea, coffee
- Avoid wine
- Quit smoking
- Limit your sugar intakes
- Don’t chew on hard candies
When you follow all these tips, you can expect your dental bonding to last up to ten years.
Immediately see your dentist if you see sharp edges on the bonded teeth or you feel weird when you bite down or if the bonding chips entirely fall off.
Now, if you reside in Fitchburg, WI and are looking for a ‘Dentist near me’, to get the best bonding treatment, then get in touch with us at Mendota Springs Dentistry! Your Dentist in Fitchburg always provides you the best treatment and Dental Care!